As of April 1, 2009, the voluntary organization Pet Food Industry Association has changed its entity into an incorporated association, Japan Pet Food Association. This association consists of 98 companies manufacturing or selling pet foods in Japan. And more than 90% of the pet food market is serviced by members of the association. Member companies of this association are exerting tireless efforts in order to make contributions toward a better pet life in Japan.
|April 1, 2009 (Japan Pet Food Industry Association was established in October 1969)|
No. of Members
(61 associate member companies and 37 supporting member companies. As of April 1, 2016)
|9th Floor, Chiyoda Parion Bldg. 2-3-16 Kanda Sudacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
The objective is to serve society by enhancing the safety, quality of pet foods and enlightening the public in order to provide pet foods that can be trusted by pet owners, as well as contribute to giving comfort and wholesomeness to one’s soul and emotion through the breeding of pets.
The following operations will be performed to achieve the objective described above.
1) Enhance, disseminate and enlighten the public and industry about the safety and quality of pet foods.
2) Enlighten the public and industry about the correct way to breed pets and expand pet breeding.
3) Dispatch information concerning pets and pet foods.
4) Cooperate with other organization and government agencies and strengthen the organization.
5) Items needed to achieve our objectives.